Yeah, I know, it’s been a looooong time since I’ve
blogged posted a blog post. I have quite a few posts I’ve wrote, but never finished. Not that I mean to do it, but usually someone (young child) needs my attention mid-post, I go deal with them, and then, well…I never get back to my post. 🙁
This morning, my oldest had 2 other friends over for this birthday, so he is occupied, the baby is happily playing tractors on the floor, and my daughter is talking my ear off about a birthday party she attended yesterday. But this momma is bound and determined to get a blog post up!
With the oldest having 2 other hungry boys over for a sleep over last night, I wasn’t sure what to do for breakfast. We’ve had a surplus of eggs from our hens, and some leftover taco beef from supper the other night, so I got a little creative in the kitchen. I found the original recipe from Simply Scratch and adapted it to fit what we had in our house.
Southwest Breakfast Bake
This is quick recipe to make if you have the cooked taco seasoned ground beef prepped. Because we have various food allergies in the house, it was also easy to adapt to be food allergy friendly (please be sure to check your labels if food allergies are a concern). The 3 hungry pre-teen boys here devoured it in minutes, so I’d say it was a hit!
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs cooked ground beef with taco seasoning
- 10 eggs
- 1 c. milk (non-dairy is ok)
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1/2 a bell pepper chopped
- 1 package frozen tater tots
- cheese (optional)
- Grease a 9×13 casserole & preheat oven to 375F.
- Place ground beef on the bottom of the casserole. Wisk eggs, milk, & taco seasoning together. Pour over beef. Add chopped bell peppers. Place tater tots on top & top with cheese if you’d like.
- Bake for 30-35 min. until eggs are solid on top & not runny. If you want crispy tater tots, place it under the broiler for an additional 1-2 minutes. Enjoy!