Yeah, I know, it’s been a looooong time since I’ve
blogged posted a blog post. I have quite a few posts I’ve wrote, but never finished. Not that I mean to do it, but usually someone (young child) needs my attention mid-post, I go deal with them, and then, well…I never get back to my post. 🙁
This morning, my oldest had 2 other friends over for this birthday, so he is occupied, the baby is happily playing tractors on the floor, and my daughter is talking my ear off about a birthday party she attended yesterday. But this momma is bound and determined to get a blog post up!
With the oldest having 2 other hungry boys over for a sleep over last night, I wasn’t sure what to do for breakfast. We’ve had a surplus of eggs from our hens, and some leftover taco beef from supper the other night, so I got a little creative in the kitchen. I found the original recipe from Simply Scratch and adapted it to fit what we had in our house.
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs cooked ground beef with taco seasoning
- 10 eggs
- 1 c. milk (non-dairy is ok)
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1/2 a bell pepper chopped
- 1 package frozen tater tots
- cheese (optional)
- Grease a 9×13 casserole & preheat oven to 375F.
- Place ground beef on the bottom of the casserole. Wisk eggs, milk, & taco seasoning together. Pour over beef. Add chopped bell peppers. Place tater tots on top & top with cheese if you’d like.
- Bake for 30-35 min. until eggs are solid on top & not runny. If you want crispy tater tots, place it under the broiler for an additional 1-2 minutes. Enjoy!